Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Polls Voting

Rita is offline Senior Member

Default Polls Voting

We would to like use ASPDNSF polls functionality in our website. But we have small concern in it, when we have 10 polls we have 10 votes button for each poll. Is it possible to make only one vote button for all 10 polls, and when we click the vote button in polls.aspx page it will update all 10 polls in backend database.

Please let me know is it doable? If so please post how to proceed with that.

Thanks you very much for your answers.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That should be possible with some customization. You'll have to have your dev modify the code on that page to collect all of the selections the customer made before doing the page post back and just update them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    That should be possible with some customization. You'll have to have your dev modify the code on that page to collect all of the selections the customer made before doing the page post back and just update them all at once.
    I think i should add foreach loop, but i am not sure where to add the loop. Should i add it in page.polls.xml.config, poll.cs or pollvote.aspx.cs?

Please give some more idea on this. Thanks in advance.

I finished till displaying only one vote button for 10 polls. But now I am struck up with how to insert the customer voting into PollvotingRecord Table. Please help me in this problem.
    I really need some key points to achieve this, Once customer click Vote button how can i loop the all the polls and equivalent poll answers to insert into database?

In Poll.CS method I commented out these 3 lines,
    tmpS.Append("<form method=\"POST\" action=\"pollvote.aspx\" name=\"Poll" + m_PollID.ToString() + "Form\" id=\"Poll" + m_PollID.ToString() + "Form\">");

tmpS.Append("<div align=\"center\"><input class=\"PollSubmit\" type=\"submit\" value=\"Vote\" name=\"B1\"></div>");
    tmpS.Append("</form>");

Because I am displaying the vote button through page.polls.xml, So now How can i retrieve the selected values in poll answers radio buttons to save it?