Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: windows azure

chandra_ags is offline Junior Member

Default windows azure

Hi,
    Can I host aspdotnetstorefront in windows azure??

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Not natively, but it's something we're looking into for the future. We have had some customers have some success at customizing the software to run in that environment, maybe a few of them can chime in here.

fsantos is offline Senior Member

What kind of customizations may be needed to run under Azure? I'm also interested in that option...

fsantos

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

I have heard their are PCI/PABP considerations for cloud Hosting when it comes to e-commerce sites, if anyone has more information on this, I would be grateful.
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

Robjames is offline Junior Member

Did anyone have any success in doing this? I would be curious what steps others have gone through to try and deploy to azure?

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I'm looking in to this process now. I would love some hints. I will post what I find here. If we all do so, we can form a good repository of information for using Azure, which might help the ASPDNSF folks more quickly migrate their application to Azure.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

I've given up on Azure. The service is great and I've love to get ASPDNSF working over there, but there are more modifications necessary than I'm willing to do. However, I really do think that ASPDNSF should be modified to work in Azure (and with MVC).
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

Let me just add that it is possible to run ADNSF in Windows Azure using the VM Role... I was able to do it really easy.

As of now, there is just one little thing not working, which is emailing. For some reason I am not able to send emails, but this should be related to our mail server blocking relays.

I'm using Azure with the VM Role, and my email is working too. However, that is basically just a hosted Windows instance, and Azure SQL Server still doesn't work, I needed a local install of SQL Server.

I would love to see built-in support for Azure Web Sites and Azure SQL Server. If not that, at least Azure SQL Server. It seems that there are only one or two changes that need to be made to support that.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

cjbarth,

did you have to do anything special to get email to work? are you using an smtp server on the VM or are you relaying to an email server outside of the VM?

I'm always getting the following error:

·Mail Error occurred - Exception=Failure sending mail.
    Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed.

UPDATE: it was just an issue with my email server that was not allowing to relay email sent from the azure machine. it is working now.
    Last edited by fsantos; 11-03-2012 at 03:00 AM.