Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Sale Prices getting changed in cart

albert_tf is offline Member

Default Sale Prices getting changed in cart

Hello,

We are testing a sale for a number of items and I'm having trouble with the sale price.
    When we have a product sale price, it appears on the product page fine (and in the proper color). When I first put the item in the cart, the sale price was correct. However, when I logged on to check out, the price had changed back to the regular price. I checked out completely, then went back and added the item to the cart again (while still logged on). This time it did not get the sale price, only the regular price.

I looked through the appconfigs, but didn't find anything.

Any ideas on why the cart is not getting the sale price?

We are using two customer levels (0 & 1). Level one can check out without a credit card (using a purchase order).
    ML - Version 7.1.1.0

Thanks!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

With the account that you're using to checkout, does that belong to a certain customer level? How are you entering sale price of the product, was it via the "Sale Price" field in the variant's or?

Thank you for the quick response.

Yes, my test customer is in level 1. That level customer can use purchase orders instead of credit card. I will try another account we have set up for testing that is not a member of this level.

We are using the ProductVariant.SalePrice for the sale prices.

Thank you!

Ok, I tested with a Level 0 customer and it worked correctly. So the question now is how do I extend the sale prices to the other levels?

Thank you!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Customer levels ignore sale prices. You can set up discounts through percentages, flat rates off, or extended pricing, but they don't use sale prices.

Ok, thanks. I will have to investigate the extended pricing to see if we can make it work. We are only offering discounts on certain manufacturers, and only certain products of those manufacturers. I will post back if I have any problems.

Albert

Hello,

Under my Product Variant > Mappings tab, the customer levels are not listed. Is there a way to get the customer levels listed there?

Thanks!

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

I believe by default, only the product is mapped and not the variants.

Ok, thanks. We have too many products to be able to update them in the admin site. I will try to find out which fields in the Product table are used. We will most likely run an SQL update to create the sale prices, but we need them to be available for all levels of customers.

Albert

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

All the fields for pricing are in the productvariant table. What specifically are you looking for?

We are going to use the SalePrice for a number of items. It is very easy to update that price and then all those items are on sale. But the sale prices do not extend to other Customer Levels. So I need to set all the products/productvariants that will have sale prices so they are available to all customer levels.

Albert