Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Version 9 Left (Category) Menu Help

cfwebmasters is offline Junior Member

Default Version 9 Left (Category) Menu Help

In version 9 of the storefront, how do you configure the Entity Controller so that only Top Level categories are displayed in the left hand navigation?

For instance, consider:
    Code:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityCategories" runat="server" Header="" EntityType="Category" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />
    Is there a parameter, such as MaxLevels="1" or some equivalent?

I tried MaxMenuLevel="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuLevel %>", thinking (based on the description of the AppConfig) that this might be the solution; however, this caused a compiler error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

I'm trying to do this as well. Any ideas?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

I don't think the current EntityControl has the ability to limit the depth. There is a 'MaxMenuSize' param but I think this just limits the number of nodes displayed rather than their depth.

For the UrbanExcess site that we just launched running MLv9.0.1.3, we used an XML package for the left menu and this gave complete control over the depth and styling.
    A bit 'old school' I know, but it did the job and works well!

Adam

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

That maxlevels idea should work along with what is discussed here:

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ad.php?p=89637
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM