Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Order By SKU

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Default Order By SKU

I was wondering if there is a way to set up a form that would allow a user to order by SKU and quantity.

For example, my users are usually ordering replacement parts, and thus have the SKU right in front of them. So they usually end up searching for the SKU in the search box, clicking the item, entering how many they want, add to cart, and start over with the other parts they need.

What I would like them to be able to do is enter a SKU and a quantity and click add to cart and it would add it to the cart thereby saving them some steps. What would be really nice is to have 5 rows where they can enter a SKU and quantity with one add to cart button they click when they fill everything in.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Take a look at here. What you can do is retrieve the item from product table based on the entered SKU, then get the ProductID and VariantID to use in the querystring.