Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Hosting issue on Rackspace cloud site

Noregon Bob is offline Junior Member

Default Hosting issue on Rackspace cloud site

I am guessing this is not a new question, but I didn't find anything in my search of the forums. I already looked at the article in the knowledgebase, but it is not helping. I am trying to set up a staging site on Rackspace using their cloud site hosting. But I get an error with the Microsoft WSE component. when I first got the error I loaded the dll to the bin directory on the site and set read and execute permissions, but I still get an error. I have included the error text below. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.]
    System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evid ence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +7606579
    System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evid ence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +57

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
    System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
    System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
    System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
    System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
    System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAs semblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.FindA ndEnsureFactoryRecord(String configKey, Boolean& isRootDeclaredHere) +272
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSe ctionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject) +1431
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSe ction(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission) +56
    System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSe ction(String configKey) +8
    System.Web.HttpContext.GetSection(String sectionName) +47
    System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.G etSection(String sectionName) +39
    System.Web.Configuration.HttpConfigurationSystem.S ystem.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigSystem .GetSection(String configKey) +6
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSecti on(String sectionName) +78
    AspDotNetStorefront.RegisterRoutes.Init(HttpApplic ation application) +53
    System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscripti onsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +406
    System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplica tionState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +188
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplic ationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +295
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetPipelineAppli cationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +56
    System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeAppli cation(IntPtr appContext) +231

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Services3, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContex t context) +8894031
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(Http Context context) +85
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationP rivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +333

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's really something you're going to need to go to Rackspace's support folks for. They'll have to check the site on their end and see what permissions need adjusted.

Noregon Bob is offline Junior Member

Default Medium Trust

Thanks for the quick reply. I spoke to the folks at Rackspace and they say the issue is with medium trust. Everything I can find on your site about medium trust states that it should be supported. Is that true? Or is there a special version/compile I need to have for medium trust to work.

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

As long as you're on a version after 7.0.2.5 SP1, the software will run in medium trust natively. Only 8.0.1.2 or higher will work on a cloud environment though.