Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Space in URL?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Default Space in URL?

I've found in the logs that somehow people are entering improper URLS.
    Is there a way in the application I can replace a space with a dash?

This is the sort of URL:
    s-47-office supplies.aspx

which results in a page not found
    May

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Do you have "office supplies" in the SEName of your products, variants, sections, etc.? You can look in the table and at your SEName fields for spaces and replace them with dashes.

Or are you saying that these are just typed in by customers or search results?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Tek7, I cannot replicate that here. What version are you on? Do you have modifications to the urlrewrite rules or any of the AspDotNetStorefront classes?

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

I have a clean unmodified version and if I enter this:
    s-7-bed bath.aspx

I get: The resource cannot be found.
    May

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you have a section "bed bath", when someone view that in the front-end, our url engine will have to rewrite it as "s-7-bed-bath.aspx", the space will be replaced with dash as expected. And, if that's manually invoked you should also do it in the same format. If you want more than that, modify our urlrewrite logic.