Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: automatic coupons

bubblegumwishes is offline Junior Member

Default automatic coupons

I was wondering if there is a way to have a coupon applied to each order automatically without the customer having to type in the coupon code.

I need to give every customer whos total order is over a certain amount an automatic $25 discount.

Is there a better way to do this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There is no way to do that out-of-the-box, but should be possible via custom mods. The easy way to do this would be, create an Appconfig parameters: 1) OrderDiscountCoupon = "The Coupon Code", 2) OrderAmountWithCouponDiscount = "The Order Amount Threshold". You can then add a logic in the ShoppingCart.aspx which validates if the order subtotal if greater or equal to OrderAmountWithCouponDiscount, then populate the OrderDiscountCoupon into the Coupon field.

bubblegumwishes is offline Junior Member

How do i apply a coupon? I cant add it like I would a normal item can I?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If by 'apply' you mean how do you use it - just enter the code in the coupon box on the shopping cart page.

If you're not sure how to 'create' one, check out the page in the manual.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

I am doing this same sort of thing but unfortunately we allow our customers to use coupons on top of volume discounts. Looks like i'll be modding...

joepurepoint is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    TYou can then add a logic in the ShoppingCart.aspx which validates if the order subtotal if greater or equal to OrderAmountWithCouponDiscount, then populate the OrderDiscountCoupon into the Coupon field.
    Could you please expound on how to do this part? I was able to create the AppConfig parameters pretty easily. But I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with ASP.NET as I could be. If you could point me in the right direction to find an answer on how to do this or even a quick sample of code that I could use, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.