Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Images not uploading in admin?

jgreywolf is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Images not uploading in admin?

I have what I think is an odd issue - and hoping someone can shed some light on what might be going on here.

In the admin screen I go to edit a category (or sub category or product), and click on the image tab. I browse for image file in the large image section, and when I click update message says updated successfully - but no image is there.

Thoughts?

Justin

ZachJ85 is offline Senior Member

Are the images loading the proper size i.e 150x150, 250x250, 500x500? StoreFront might just discard using the image if it doesnt meet the required image size.
    SQL 2008, Visual Studio 2010
    Source: C#
    Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1
    Framework: .Net 4.0 (Running)

I was under the impression that AspDotNetStorefront manages the resizing automagically - at least, that is certainly the impression I got from the AppConfig settings around ImageResize..

I will look there though.

Justin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Do you have the proper permissions (asp.net or network service with read/write/modify) set to the {root}/images folder? AspDotNetStorefront will store the images uploaded on that folder, so you can verify if the uploaded images are there. For image resize feature, take a look at these configurations here.

Not sure why I did not think to look there. images appear to have uploaded and all that - however, they are just not showing up in either the admin screens or the store website. I read through a couple of other threads in the forums with similar issues, but the resolutions there did not help...

On the Images tab of the product page, there is an "Image Filename Override" field there, if you're not using that feature at all, make sure that is blank.

Not using it - and yes it is blank.

MSD is offline Member

Default Image issue

Two things to consider that I pulled out hair over, verify permissions on the server are properly setup. Second I found an odd issue I have not reversed. We uploaded three seperate images for each and had a issue with them not showing up on server. We then uploaded three images FTP and used Image Filename Overide... we hope to always use this method and they don't show up. Finally with the image filename override still in place we change the image from bluewidget.jpg to 12.jpg and suddenly all images appeared. Another issue is the ALT Tags we noted if you made a product Blue Widget Test the alt tag would not update when you later changed it to Blue Widget with 4 inch wheels. This is version 9.012 and today we are going to update to 9.013 and see if anything changes.

MSD
    Started V8 switched half way to V9 /// I need a V9 Forum

AspDotNetStorefrontML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

I do not see that weird behavior here with my local sites. If the problem still exists after the upgrade, you can submit a ticket to support with your order number and will see what's going on.

FYI - still have this issue - but images show up on product pages,e tc - so not TOO concerned

Justin