Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Volume Discount

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default Volume Discount

I thought I saw this in a version but I might be mistaken. We offer Quantity discounts on items. But then we offer Volume Discounts based on the order total. So if $500 is purchased, we offer a 10% discount from that 500. Is this somewhere or would this be a mod that I would need to do? If it's a mod, any suggestions for doing this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The software can handle discounting based on the number of quantities being purchased, which is referred as quantity discount. As for the other one, discounting based on the order amount is something can be achieved via mods, yes. The software offers free shipping on orders that have reached the appconfig: FreeShippingThreshold though, I just thought you'd be interested with it as well.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Any tips on where I could start with this mod? I already created an additional table (based on the quantity discount table) with my percentage discounts for volume.