Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Free Shipping/ International Shipping

antap is offline Junior Member

Default Free Shipping/ International Shipping

Currently I have free shipping set up for certain items, but this will allow free shipping to anywhere in the world. This would not be good with the shipping rates these days.

I have disallowed any other countries from all shipping methods in the Manage Shipping tab, but I tested an account trying to ship to china and it still allows free shipping. I think this is because it skips the shipping method field.

My idea set up would allow free shipping to the lower 48 States and do calculated shipping for everywhere else.

If this is out of reach I would like to disable anyone outside of the 48 to buy anything and receive a message to give us a call for a shipping quote.
    ML v8.0.0.0
    AIMsi v8.0

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can allow certain shipping methods to states/countries/zipcodes via mappings if you're NOT using Real-time Shipping. Otherwise, by default, FREE shipping applies to anywhere in the world as long as the order qualifies for your AppConfig: FreeShippingThreshold condition, or if it uses COUPON OR CUSTOMER LEVEL that includes free shipping. The only way to restrict free shipping to a certain states/countries only is to actually remove them from Configuration -> Taxes -> Countries or via customizations.
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 05-18-2010 at 06:37 PM.