Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Page Title and SEO Info for Page

davlun is offline Member

Exclamation Page Title and SEO Info for Page

Hello,

I have tried updating our home page topic (standard out of box topic, just rebuilt with our look and feel) so I have not changed anything with regards to how it is called or displayed.

In the admin area, I edit the topic, add a 'search engine page title' and click on update topic. Unfortunately that does not save my changes.

How do I change this info and actually save it?

David

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's a known issue. Contact Support and we can send you an update that'll fix it.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Erik is offline Senior Member

Review this KB Article:

Topic Search Engine (SE) fields are cleared out when updating topic

Symptoms
    When attempting to edit a topic in the admin console Content > Manage Topics, the Search Engine fields are cleared and do not update.

Cause
    This can happen when the store has only one locale set up (this was a known bug that has been corrected in the latest release).

Solution
    Go to your admin console Configuration > Localization > Locale Settings menu and add a new locale (ADD NEW button). Be sure to use a valid locale such as en-AU that the software will accept. Edit the topic Search Engine fields you wish to update, save the topic. At this point you can delete the additional locale, but be aware that any edit to a topic without having more than one locale will clear the SE data on that topic again.
    Erik Sutton
    AspDotNetStorefront Technical Support