Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need Help on Customer Levels

davlun is offline Member

Question Really Need Help on Customer Levels

Hello,

We are building a store that has two levels of customers, normal regular users and bulk product buyers. For the normal, anonymous customer the store has all the products sold in individual sizes, but excludes the bulk products, which are mapped to a bulk product customer level. I exclude the bulk products from the regular customers by only mapping them to that customer level.

Here is my challenge. We need the regular products visible to everyone who arrives at the store, logged in or not. Just how you would expect to find a regular store. However, we also need to limit the view of the bulk buyers to only show the bulk product. The way it seems to be working right now is that when a bulk buyer logs in, their customer level products are added to all the regular products. This is not desirable because their specific products become hard to locate in the catalog.

How can I set it up so that when they log in they only see the bulk products while still leaving the regular products visible to regular customers?

David
    Last edited by davlun; 05-16-2010 at 11:36 PM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You would have to create 2 customer levels and map the products appropriately, then turn on the FilterProductsByCustomerLevel AppConfig. If you change the DefaultCustomerLevelID AppConfig to the ID of the level you create for 'regular customers', new store visitors should see what they want, but when 'bulk' customers log in they'll only see the bulk products.

davlun is offline Member

Thanks!

Must have missed a reference to the DefaultCustomerLevelID appconfig. I will go back to two customer levels, which is where I started, this time with that changed.

David