Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Featured Products displayed in a jquery content slider

witchikikoy is offline Junior Member

Default Featured Products displayed in a jquery content slider

Hello everyone...

Can someone show me how to display the featured products at the home page in a jquery slider using the custom aspdnsf "featuredproducts.xml.config" xml package? The slider must display 4 featured items at a time... I'm new to jquery.. Please help...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks..

tpmorgsls is offline Junior Member

I use jQuery on our sites. You need to include <script> references in the main Masterpage. In the xml.config file you need to output your featured products into some unordered lists in a div, say, called 'slider'.
    Code:
    <div id="slider">

<ul>

<li>one </li>

<li> two</li>

</ul>

</slider>

Then do something like this to call it:

Code:
    $(function() {

$('#slider').easySlider({
      auto: true,
      speed: 900,
      pause: 12000,
      continuous: true,
      numeric: true
      });

});
    We can't teach you XSLT or jQuery on a forum, but this is everything you need to get it done. In general, when dealing with jQuery, it's often easier than you think. The key is understanding selectors. If you know CSS, you can select any elements and do stuff to it.

Hope this helps!