Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Styling V9 Cart Page

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default Styling V9 Cart Page

I see references to odd ID's in the cart. Example below. My question is I assume this is dynamically generated, will the actual ID change? If so how can I possibly style this?

Code:
    <span id="ctl00_PageContent_shoppingcartcs31">Enter any special offer/discount coupon code here:</span>

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That is dynamically generated, yes. If you want to add a css style there, open shoppingcart.aspx and find this line below:

Code:
    <asp:Label ID="shoppingcartcs31" runat="server" Text="<%$ Tokens:StringResource,shoppingcart.cs.31 %>"></asp:Label>*
    then, add CssClass="YourClassHere" there, and define it in {root}/App_Themes/Skin_1/style.css

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Thanks Alfred,

Really I am asking how I am suppose to style the checkout to look like my current cart does. Looking at it, it appears all the html is embedded in code with no styles applied to it. Basically we are stuck with a bare bones plain vanilla checkout page unless we want to dive into code and start adding styles.

travisalmand is offline Junior Member

I agree, from a designer's perspective styling some of the pages with HTML generated from the code behind files can be mighty challenging. Especially with the over-reliance on tables which makes targeting specific elements on the page cause really creative CSS rules. Some of the generated HTML has inline styles applied to them which makes it interesting to override the default style applied on the last step of the cascade.