Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Search engine tab optimization.

pyrate is offline Member

Default Search engine tab optimization.

The search engine tab info has four tabs:
    Page title
    Keyworks
    Decription
    No script
    Alt Text.

Does anyone know how to optimize this for best ranking?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I'm not sure what you mean by 'optimize' this, but if you're after what to put in there - choosing your keywords & other meta information is a whole big field with entire books written about it, that's not going to be covered really in a forum post.

I would start out with the info here to make sure you're covering all the angles, but for coming up with keywords and meta info - if you're looking for professional assistance we generally recommend Vertical Measures.

MPH is offline Member

For starters check against this site tool.

http://www.seoworkers.com/tools/analyzer.html

If you are converting from an old site with obsolete URLs, then much more has to be considered.

Alexa.com is very helpful. A Google webmaster account and a Yahoo site explorer account will indicate errors and highlight search results.

The title is of course the product. The keywords can be the title parsed into single words or phrases.

The description can be more in terms of specifications and usage that can also comprise keywords.

The alt text tag is essential for images to be labeled with text that can be interpreted by the search engines.

pyrate is offline Member

On my hometopicintro I have my set up to this: SwidenOnline.com home page
    SEO Workers says that i have: INC set up in my title tag. I believe would that would be from "Swiden Distributing INC" Where do i find this...

Also my meta tags are not configured correctly.... where do i find the Meta Tags???

MPH is offline Member

Setting Up The Site’s Meta Tag Information

Synopsis
    I need to create the “meta” information for my pages to increase my SEO rank.

Procedure

You can set the default values you want for the meta tags on your site in the following AppConfigs:
    - SE_MetaDescription
    - SE_MetaKeywords
    - SE_MetaNoScript
    - SE_MetaTitle

The link to the KB article is for a default meta description in the case any web page is not populated with its own meta tags.

The HomeTopIntro topic page has meta fields, and from the question, this is likely the space you'd want to use for the Home Page of your site.

Be certain to verify which meta tag value is assigned to any given page. Is it from the topic page, product page, or the default appconfig value.