Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Multiple Shipping Methods & Shipping Rates Table

sasdaman is offline Member

Default Multiple Shipping Methods & Shipping Rates Table

Hi Peps,

AspDotNetStoreFront Version: AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.0.0

Is it possible to have two Shipping Methods mapped to two different Shipping Rate Tables?

My client wishes to provide delivery to the UK & Europe as two separate shipping methods but needs to charge based on different rate tables. Is there anyway this can be achieved? So an example would be for UK orders the UK shipping method is chosen which then based on calculating shipping by total, prices the shipping charge based on the UK shipping rates table whilst the Europe shipping method, prices the shipping using the Europe shipping rates table?

Kind regards,
    Sahus Pilwal
    Web Designer
    eCommerce Design & Development

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can create a 'UK' method and a 'Europe' method and use the 'Set Allowed State/Country' buttons to restrict those methods to the areas you want to allow, but all calculations are going to come from the same table & calculation method. It would take customization to have 2 different tables.

sasdaman is offline Member

Default Multiple Shipping Methods & Shipping Rates Table

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info. Could you please educate myself and others whether the functionality I mention would require source code & customization for all versions of ASPDNSF i.e. v6, 7, 8 & 9 or has multiple shipping rate tables been added in later releases? If NOT do you know if it's planned for future releases?

Regards,
    Last edited by sasdaman; 05-11-2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Sahus Pilwal
    Web Designer
    eCommerce Design & Development

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Allowing multiple calculation methods would require source code in all versions, yes. That's not been added, though we may do so in the future (no set plans to yet)