Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Validate CreditCard

shetal11 is offline Junior Member

Default Validate CreditCard

Hi,

We have integrated StoreFront website with our backend application. Anytime, user places an order using creditCard, order gets inserted into our main system. in our main system we validate other information and charge the credit card after order has been shipped.

I am using manual getway right now. during placing order I want to validate the credit card making sure it is valid card and card does not get declined before transferring the order to our system. I do not want to charge the card. I just want to validate it.

I need some ideas.

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You'll need to hook up a live payment gateway to do that, but then you can just set your Transaction Mode to 'AUTH'. The software will just verify the funds, but not actually collect payment until you go back into the admin site and click 'Capture'.

shetal11 is offline Junior Member

Thanks for your quick reply..

In our main system, we use IPCharge from veriFone. http://www.advpaysol.com/verifone-payware-ipcharge.php

How can I use different service for credit card processing other than predefine getways in storefront?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You would need to purchase the source code if you haven't already, and implement that gateway. You can look at our existing classes in the Gateway project to get ideas on how to do that, but you'll need a dev to do the implementation and you'll need veriFone's API docs.