Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Dashes not working in URL

virtualtap is offline Senior Member

Default Dashes not working in URL

HI have a clean install of v9
    I have created a topic called "joint venture" so I believe the url should be /t-joint-venture.aspx but it will not work. however t-joint venture.aspx does.

If I name the topic with a dash instead of a space /t-joint-venture.aspx still does not work.

Any insight would be appreciated thanks
    MSX

metals1 is offline Junior Member

Default I have the same problem

Although for some files it works and sometime it does not.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Look in the database at the SEName field. I believe this is what is used for the URL.

It is in the DB under Name not SEName. There is not dashes there but I dont think it is supposed to be. the script should add dashes where spaces are. Maybe I am wrong but this is my understanding.
    MSX

Default Bumb

Any body have any info on this issue
    MSX

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

When I did a direct import, I put the dashes in the name for the SEName field. I believe the url name uses the SEName for the product part (i.e. product-name-here.aspx) This would be stored in the SEName field as product-name-here.

I am talking about on topic pages. not products. but I just noticed another issue, since your comment I tried to fill in the following on the topic pages.

Search Engine Page Title:
    Search Engine Keywords:
    Search Engine Description:

After pressing save the fields are blank again. I dont know if this is another issue or if it is related.
    MSX

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That seemed to be a known issue that we've fixed already. Please send a ticket to support with your order number and will provide you the patch. Thanks

Ah I already reinstalled everything and I still had the problem so I already submitted a ticket. Thanks
    MSX