Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to process the POST response from the Gateway?

Nemesys is offline Junior Member

Unhappy How to process the POST response from the Gateway?

Hi all,

I'm developing a Gateway for payment with credit card (I modified the AspDotNetStorefrontGateways class adding the new class for the new Gateway).

This Gateway uses the POST method and when is called opens several pages asking for the credit card data of the customer. When finishes the transaction OK reply to a defined URL with the response data.

All works fine, from the ProcessCard function my class opens the pages of the bank and the payment operation works ok.

But the problem is that the transaction in the store doesn't finishes and the products are not sold.

We tried to redirect as OK URL to the http://www.ourcustomer.com/Tienda/Checkout/tabid/85/screen/orderconfirmation/ordernumber/" & OrderNumber & "/paymentmethod/CREDITCARD/Default.aspx"

But we are retrieving the error that the order number doesn't exists.

I presume that when the ProcessCard function opens the bank page, the nomal execution flow of the store is truncated and doesn't finishes the operation. Is possible?

We used the System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.End() to send the html POST to the bank. It opens the page of the bank but after that we can't return to the store and finish the transaction.

Any help please?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Sorry for the delay in responding to this post, only noticed it today.

Most (all?) of the 'boomerang' gateways such as Ogone, Paypal, Google checkout take the customer off the store and then return them back to the store once processing has completed (successful or otherwise).

Normally you tell your hosted payment page (the bank) to send the Customer back to the specific URL within your site at the end.

If you take OGone as an example, there is an 'ogone_postsale.aspx' page (in v9) that checks the status of the transaction. If all is OK, it is at this point that the order is created and the customer is re-directed to the orderconfirmation page.

You don't say which gateway it is but your payment provider will have provided detailed API documentation and I'm pretty sure they will be expecting to send the customer back to a page that you specify once payment details have been processed.