Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How continue with the checkout flow from manual gateway

Nemesys is offline Junior Member

Default How continue with the checkout flow from manual gateway

Hi all,

We developed a gateway for a customer but we are not able to finish the checkout process when the transaction in the payment GW is finished.

From the GW we have the option to assign a OK response URL, but we can't use the cart URL (last step of checkout URL).

How can we do to return to the last step of the checkout process when the payment is finished in the GW?

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If I understand it correctly, you're having problems redirecting the users back to your site after the purchase? Is this some kind of a boomerang gateway, like users are redirected to a 3rd party site to complete the transaction?

Nemesys is offline Junior Member

Hi all,

I'll try to explain the problem that we are having with more detail.

I'm developing a Gateway for payment with credit card (I modified the AspDotNetStorefrontGateways class adding the new class for the new Gateway).

This Gateway uses the POST method and when is called opens several pages asking for the credit card data of the customer. When finishes the transaction OK reply to a defined URL with the response data.

All works fine, from the ProcessCard function my class opens the pages of the bank and the payment operation works ok.

But the problem is that the transaction in the store doesn't finishes and the products are not sold.

We tried to redirect as OK URL to the http://www.ourcustomer.com/Tienda/Checkout/tabid/85/screen/orderconfirmation/ordernumber/" & OrderNumber & "/paymentmethod/CREDITCARD/Default.aspx"

But we are retrieving the error that the order number doesn't exists.

I presume that when the ProcessCard function opens the bank page, the nomal execution flow of the store is truncated and doesn't finishes the operation. Is possible?

We used the System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.End() to send the html POST to the bank. It opens the page of the bank but after that we can't return to the store and finish the transaction.

A solution we are working on is to create a new payment method, because the service used to complete the transactions seems that is not exactly a gateway. This systems works receiving data from the store, this data is the customer name, the product description, the total amount and a security hash. But the data related with the credit card number and security codes are inserted in the pages of this service. All the info is sended with html using POST system.

When we call from the store to this service, the flow of the source code of the store is stopped and the transaction doesn't finishes in the store.

If we create a new payment method, maybe we can finish the transaction in the store and at last of all (when the process is fisnished in the store) we can call to the service of the bank in order to pay the purchased items.

Any help please?