Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Coupon for Free Shipping ONLY to single product

davlun is offline Member

Default Coupon for Free Shipping ONLY to single product

Hello,

Anyone modify the cart to allow free shipping coupon to only apply to 'free shipped' product and not the entire order?

My client wants to encourage people to try a new product by offering free shipping but free shipping on the entire order could easily be abused since some of the other products are heavy.

Ideally, a free ship coupon that was good for a single product would just leave out that product from the shipping rate calculations.

Any thoughts?

David

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I accomplished this with some modifications but it was extensive. I basically setup some app configs. One for the free shipping coupon name, one for the upc (skus) for the product(s) I want to offer free shipping. Actually for the upc I just set up the first 5 characters which is the same for all products from a certain manufacturer this way I offer free shipping for all products from a manufacturer. I then setup a coupon with the same name as the app config but give it 0% discount. Now in the code I use the app configs to determine whether or not to add the product to the shipping calculation or not. Again, this was quite extensive but was doable. Im sure a developer could do this for you,

davlun is offline Member

Interesting idea and I may have to consider something like that.

There may be another way configurable in the cart that is definitely less friendly to customers but might be easier to accomplish technically. Can the cart be configured to only allow the qualifying coupon product in the basket once the coupon was applied?

In effect this means that if I have products a and b in my basket and I apply a free shipping for product b, that I will need to remove product a before i can checkout. This way the free shipping only applies to the correct product.

David

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's no built in setting for that, no. That could be done with customization pretty easily though.