Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Master Pages - CSS file

Bastian33o2 is offline Member

Default Master Pages - CSS file

In the V8 version of the cart I had two separate CSS files. One was for Firefox and one for IE. With the V9 and Master Pages the CSS files are automatically loaded from the skin folder from within the App_Themes. How can I specify, or assign a CSS file to each of the browsers?

Any help is appreciated.
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Don't think this can be done anymore. It was said that just hard coding the two css files in the master page would pull them both in but I tried that and it didnt work. I've resigned to the fact that I need to work extra hard to make the site work with all browsers with no hacks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can try to place your additional .css file to {root}\App_Themes\Skin_1 directory and that should suppose to load automatically on every pages in the front-end without hard-coding that in the master page file.

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Alfred, that will work but the second css will override the first without regard to the browser. What this user is looking for is a way to add a conditional comment to select the proper css based on browser type.

Bastian33o2 is offline Member

SSGUMBY - You are exactly right. This is what I'm looking for.
    MultiStore 9.3.1.1