Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do I send an additional email based on customer level?

schapman is offline Junior Member

Default How do I send an additional email based on customer level?

Hi. I want to set up my storefront to send an additional email when a customer of a certain customer level places an order.

Since the customer level receives extended pricing, this could be in the form of an email whenever certain product variants are bought.

Is this possible?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's nothing built in to send extra emails depending on customer level, however this could be done with just a little custom work.

The easiest way would probably just be to add an 'if' to orderconfirmation.aspx.cs:

Code:
    If (ThisCustomer.CustomerLevelID = ###)
    {
        AppLogic.Sendmail( .... )
    }
    You can check out the other Sendmail references in the code for exactly how to format that.

schapman is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the quick response!

Would modifying the codebehind files require purchase of source code for the ML/64 version?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Not for codebehind files, no. You get access to those with the basic license purchase in ML/64.