Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Quantity Discount table not showing up

kpaul is offline Member

Default Quantity Discount table not showing up

Very strange. I cannot get the quantity discount table to appear on the product detail pages nor will it apply the discounts to items added to the cart on my staging site. localhost works fine. Same exact code. Different SQL Servers. When I change the connection string in web.config on the staging site to point to the SQL Server that localhost uses the quantity discount table appears. I checked to make sure the stored procedures and SQL functions are all there and identical and they are, as far as I can tell. Could this be a permissions thing in SQL Server or am I just doing something wrong?

ML v. 8.0.1.2

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

It's not going to be a permissions thing, you don't need anything special for quantity discounts to work that you don't already have for the software just to run.

Make sure that you actually mapped the quantity discount to the products/entities you want to use them. They won't be automatically used just by creating the table(s).

kpaul is offline Member

Definitely did that. After adding the discount table (Configuration > Pricing & Promotions > Quantity Discounts) I then went to the product and selected the table I just created in the Quantity Discount Table dropdown on the Main tab.

Like I said, it works correctly when I use the connection string that points to the database I use for localhost, just not when I point it to the database I use for the staging site. That's why I thought it might be a SQL Server issue.

kpaul is offline Member

Figured it out! Needed to go to "Customers > Manage Customer Levels" and set "Level Allows Quantity Discounts" to "yes". I must've done that on my localhost and never set it on the staging site.

Found this while running in dubug and stepping through transform file.