Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Remove 'Browse' from Left Navigation

davlun is offline Member

Thumbs up Remove 'Browse' from Left Navigation

Hello,

Just wanted to check in on an issue that was discussed here: http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...=remove+browse

At the time you had noted this was in source code and said you had put a fix in for that. Since a version was released, can this be changed now without source code?

Thanks,

David

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Those headers are now made up of 2 string resources:

1 - common.browse

2 - The string resource specified as the 'Header' attribute where that control is added to the skin:

Code:
    <aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityManufacturer" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.ManufacturerPromptPlural %>"
                        EntityType="Manufacturer" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />
    If you don't want 'Browse' to display there, you can either change the common.browse string to say what you want instead, or set it to an empty string (don't just remove it).

davlun is offline Member

Thanks for the info!

metals1 is offline Junior Member

Default Which specific string to change?

I am sorry if I miss something. Could you be specify the string name in string resource manager for "common.browse". I searched using"common.browse" but did not find it.

common.browse is the name. If you upgraded from an earlier version you'll need to reload your string resources before you'll see that string.

matts8008 is offline Junior Member

I'm running AspDotNetStorefront ML 9.0.0.1/8.0.1.2 and do not have this string value. I tried adding it with no luck. Any ideas?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Any chance you can upgrade to 9.0.1.3? That should be there already. If not, it looks like this is just an easy change... try to submit a ticket and will see what we can do.

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

I'm running 9.0.1.3 and the Browse text is still there. Is there a way to remove it? I did everything that this forum said to do.

You just have to clear out that string resource like we said. The text will be there by default until you do so, even in 9.0.1.3

peter3827 is offline Senior Member

I did clear it out and now it just says "Browse".

You're clearing the wrong string:

Those headers are now made up of 2 string resources:

1 - common.browse

2 - The string resource specified as the 'Header' attribute where that control is added to the skin:

Code:

<aspdnsf:EntityControl ID="ctrlEntityManufacturer" runat="server" Header="<%$ Tokens:StringResource, AppConfig.ManufacturerPromptPlural %>"
    EntityType="Manufacturer" MaxMenuSize="<%$ Tokens:AppConfigUSInt, MaxMenuSize %>" />

If you don't want 'Browse' to display there, you can either change the common.browse string to say what you want instead, or set it to an empty string (don't just remove it).
    Only clear out the common.browse string.