Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: force product.xml in template?

osdude is offline Senior Member

Default force product.xml in template?

Is there a way to force a particular product.xml package within a skin_X template?

iPhone looks good on the regular site, but not other phones. Having a different product.xml used for all products in SKin_x regardless of the product's admin selection would be fantastic, but not sure if that would work or how to go about making that change.

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

Actually, even cooler would be to have a new field added to the DB so you could select a different XML package for mobile vs. standard.

Either that or is there a variable we can check in the XML package itself to see if its being rendered in mobile skin vs standard? I suppose the SkinID token?

Then you could have the XML package output differently for mobile vs. standard.
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website

jjdunkel is offline Member

In previous versions of the cart there was a folder for XmlPackages within each Skin folder. The xmlpackage name specified in the product setup would first be looked for in the Skin folder before it looked in the root xmlpackage folder. In this way you could have the same xmlpackage name look differently in each Skin. I don't see the XmlPackage folder in the default Skin folders on 9.0.1.3 so I'm not sure this will work anymore.