Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Show Discount Amount in Cart

dplsr is offline Member

Default Show Discount Amount in Cart

Is there away to show the discount amount for a product level percent discount on the shopping cart and checkout pages?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That depends on where you want to show it really. If you want to insert it into the 'Cart Summary' area, that's going to be a source code mod. You could always throw a panel or label on the .aspx page and then set the value through the codebehind page though.

dplsr is offline Member

Hi Scott thanks for the reply! OK. What I would like to show the total discount for the cart that the coupon will give and display it in the cart and checkout pages. It would be nice if it deducted it from the total but.........

It is not imperative that it deduct it from the total though. Just so the customer can actually see what the discount will be for the sale.

I thought about adding a column in the database in products or elsewhere that show the coupon discount value for the coupon. Then adding code to display the total.

This coupon is to comply with 2 of our Manufacturers IMAP policies.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can probably use the CouponDiscountAmount or CouponDiscountPercent in the orders table instead of creating another field.

dplsr is offline Member

Yes Thanks I noticed that Thanks all!