Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Add New Tab on Product Detail Page from Admin Side

doru is offline Senior Member

Default Add New Tab on Product Detail Page from Admin Side

Hi,

On admin side, I need to add a new tab in product detail page.
    You can see the product detail page at http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ttributes.aspx

I need to add new tab in that list (Main, Images, Summary, Description, Extension Data, Search Engine, Products, Display Order)

I need a tab that is like Summary or Description, that is with a rich text formatting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Doru

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That won't be too complicated, just take a look at how we generate the existing tabs in /admin/entityEditProduct.aspx now. In ML8 we use ComponentArt pageviews and in ML9 we use AJAX TabPanels. Just add another one, then add the code for it in the codebehind.

doru is offline Senior Member

Thank you, Scott, for info.

Doru

kymwei is offline Junior Member

Smile

So if I want to add new Tab I need to upgrade to ML8 ? Is there an interface to add the new tab? or I need to change in the code?

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

It takes a little bit of coding to add more tabs, but nothing too complicated, and no source code required.

ajones is offline Junior Member

Default Added The Tab but ..

Hey Scott,

I figured out how to add the tabs I needed to the product admin modal by following what was already there but my tab's HeaderText='<%$ Tokens:StringResource, admin.tabs.NewTab%>' never gets translated to the token value it displays the "admin.tabs.NewTab" instead. I thought I found the correct place for the string resource value but obviously not. The default ones just seem to work without any codebehind effort so I assume i just altered the wrong page. Can you tell me where i have to go to set this value?