Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: DElivery Date / Shipping Date

dev.folks is offline Junior Member

Default DElivery Date / Shipping Date

I want to add additional field (i.e Shipping date / delivery date ) with each n every order. I want to start florist website, each n every customer shud have option to give delivery date and delivery time.

So some way please suggest me wht is the best way to do start off.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You're going to have to decide where you want to put this first off (which page), then just add a dropdown/radio button/whatever to allow customers to make the choice. The easiest way to save it would just be to use a direct SQL insert from the page's codebehind into the database...there are extra fields in the Order table that you can use to store that.

Please suggest me which table is the better option to store shipping / delivery date.

orders_shoppingcart or Orders

Cheers!!!

If you're going to force all items to be delivered the same day, use Orders. If you're going to allow different dates for different items in the cart, use Orders_ShoppingCart as you can set the date per item.

Does shopping cart support different items to be shipped to different address in single order.

We sure do. More information here.

Great Feature!!!!

But i have a another query.

If customer placed an order for 2 items for different shipping address. then order will be listed in admin panel.

say 1 item is shipped and other item is pending for shipping how do i mark customer saying that single item is shipped. I see only one button "Mark as shipped". If i cliked on mark as shipped then customer will get notification syaing that both the items are shipped.

let me if im in wrong way

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There is only one "Mark as Shipped" button there in the order management's page, by clicking that will mark that particular order as "shipped" even if there are two items on that order with a different shipping addresses. Unfortunately, there's no way to configure it like the way you wanted unless you'll customize the source.

Default disassembly

WE have added delivery date in database and also added code to related class files where it is required.

But when im runing the application it thowing an error. when i try to debug the application so i found that the changes which i have made is present in code, but application is still taking previous code while running the application then finally i have observed that in debug mode i see that page running in disassembly mode.

Some one please let me know why application is not working on the code i have modified

We can't really tell you why your code isn't working without being able to see it and debug it locally, which isn't really something you're going to get in a forum I'm afraid. If you can't get it working, I would recommend contacting one of our DevNet partners and working with one of them to get the customizations you want done.