Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Distributor URL is missing D

dplsr is offline Member

Default Distributor URL is missing D

I have set up Distributors as Categories. When I click on one in the Menu I get a 404 error because the D. is missing. I am guessing it is a web.config problem maybe? How do I correct it?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

What do you mean by 'set up Distributors as Categories'? They're 2 different entities...what exactly did you do?

dplsr is offline Member

I put Distributors on the Menu and per the Manual for Version 8, I began adding sub distributors and Products, just like categories.
    "Distributors can be used as a way of organizing your products to make navigating through your site easier for your customers, similar to departments and categories. Few sites use distributors this way, however, as categories and departments are usually more customer-friendly ways of organizing. "

<item Text="(!menu.Distributors!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />

I need another entity like Manufacturers Categories & Section. This won't work?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Distributors aren't going to work automatically in that menu, no. That would take a little customization, or hard-coding of the links (which you could do in menuData.xml if there aren't too many).

dplsr is offline Member

There is a bunch of them, 100s, with the subcategories. What I am trying to do is find an alternative to Related products. We sell Lighting. In lighting fixtures are divided into families, i.e. chandeliers ceiliing lights, wall lights etc that match in style and finish - make doing a whole room or house easy.

Idealy I would use Related for this, but ASPDNTSF only allows for 10 related. Lighting Families usualy have 6-20 fixtures. sometimes more.
    I am already using Sections, Catagories and Manufaturers. Maybe I should redo those to free one up. Or add Families to them.

dplsr is offline Member

I could add Families to the top of Categories (Indoor Lighting) and Sections (Outdoor lighting.)