Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: password change text missing

TheAlps is offline Junior Member

Default password change text missing

signin.aspx.33
    signin.aspx.34
    signin.aspx.35
    signin.aspx.36
    signin.aspx.37
    signin.aspx.38
    signin.aspx.39

are all missing from the string resource database. This is a new install of the latest 9.x build, new SQL db, new everything.

When I reset a password (creating my admin account and signing in the first time, being prompted to change the pw) i get the following:

Your password has expired, please change it now.
    You are required to change your password

Login Information:
    Enter your e-mail address, old password and new password below:
    *My e-mail address is: Please enter your e-mail address.
    signin.aspx.33 signin.aspx.37
    signin.aspx.34 signin.aspx.38
    signin.aspx.35 signin.aspx.39
    Security Code Is Required

and the submit button has "signin.aspx.36" as its text

Did I screw up making my DB? All the other strings seem to be in place so far...

If this is an error can you give me the entries I need to put in to my string resources?

Thanks!!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Those are just missing strings in the DB that needs to be added there. You can follow this manual - http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ource-mgr.aspx and reload the string resources again from strings.en-US.xls. Also, in v9.x we've begun localizing the strings in the admin panel (though not all yet), so you need to load the "admin.strings.en-US.xls" as well. I'd recommend making a backup first of the DB, just in case.

feiwebmaster is offline Junior Member

Default Will this be fix in .3 release later this week?

Will this be resolved in the next release?

In addtion we have used the reset password process a few times successfully and a few times where it just loops through stating: "You need to reset you password and never resets the password" is this a know or reported issue?

Is there a list of know issue with version 9 we can review somewhere?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Those strings are in the new string files, so there's nothing to 'resolve'. It looks like the strings just weren't reloaded after the upgrade (step 13 in the upgrade directions). Once you reload those you should be fine.

We haven't run into any issues with password resets not working. If you continue to get that, contact support and we'll take a look.