Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Two things...

travisalmand is offline Junior Member

Default Two things...

One, Opera for the desktop is flagged as a mobile browser.

Two, is there a way to turn off the mobile skin feature? We would like the site to use the regular skin until we are ready to develop a mobile version. I tried just copying the current skin into the mobile skin folder but there seems to be a fair bit of admin stuff as well as other random stuff to edit with a mobile skin.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The software decides whether to switch someone to the mobile skin by checking to see if their browser user agent contains one of the strings found in the MobileDevice table. Currently the only way to turn that off is just to clear out that table (make a backup first so you can re-enable it later easily). We're going to add an option for that in a later version.

MMay is offline Junior Member

so we're left with a decision between Opera users and Mobile users correct?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Just remove 'oper' from the MobileDevice table if you don't want Opera users to switch (row 44 by default). We got that list from a pretty popular tool used to do mobile detection like this so that's apparently the usual way to handle that, but it's easy enough to change for your site if you want to.

bryangaul is offline Junior Member

Default backing up

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    The software decides whether to switch someone to the mobile skin by checking to see if their browser user agent contains one of the strings found in the MobileDevice table. Currently the only way to turn that off is just to clear out that table (make a backup first so you can re-enable it later easily). We're going to add an option for that in a later version.
    Scott, i am searching the forums for info on backing up the site. It is recommended here in your post and also when I am at my site trying to make updates. It does not however tell me how to backup my site. Can you help please.
    Thank you,
    Bryan

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Make the backup within SQL Manamgement Studio

Right click the database name and then tasks backup. We cleared out all rows in the Mobile table and it displays the normal site on all browsers until we decide to use it.

Don't delete the entire table though just remove the rows.

dayhawk is offline Member

We have a user who's using Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu 3.6.12, a desktop linux browser.

I believe the following is the user agent:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101102 Gentoo Firefox/3.6.12

I can't find the string in the MobileDevice table that's sending this person to the mobile version of our site.

I'd be thankful for any hints, tips.
    MSx 9.2, SQL Server 2005, Windows 2008 R2 Web 64-Bit

TottNernemymn is offline Junior Member

Default Two things

When using the same web page for both the desktop and mobile version, should I create two images, one for the desktop and one for mobile, or should I just have one image, and then resize it using PHP for the mobile version? And how does that affect the size in bytes of the image file?

Thanks