Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Different prices for one product

bpowers is offline Junior Member

Default Different prices for one product

Hello,

Sorry about these questions, but I am still learning the product. I have a product that I would like to charge to different amounts. For example one option would be $60 and the other option would be a recurring $20 for 3 months and have the options as a drop down or radio buttons. Has anyone done this before? I am figuring that this would be 2 different variants, but how would that be displayed to the user?

Thanks!
    Last edited by bpowers; 04-27-2010 at 11:52 AM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Well first off, you can't do 'recurring billing for 3 months' without a little customization, or manually checking/ending each recurring order at the right time. Recurring orders just keep recurring until they are canceled by either the customer or an admin.

If you decide to manually end those orders or have a dev automate it for you, variants would be the way to go, yes. How it displays to customers will depend on the 'Display Format XML Package' you choose for that parent product - product.variantsingrid.xml.config, product.variantsindropdown.xml.config, etc

bpowers is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    Well first off, you can't do 'recurring billing for 3 months' without a little customization, or manually checking/ending each recurring order at the right time. Recurring orders just keep recurring until they are canceled by either the customer or an admin.

If you decide to manually end those orders or have a dev automate it for you, variants would be the way to go, yes. How it displays to customers will depend on the 'Display Format XML Package' you choose for that parent product - product.variantsingrid.xml.config, product.variantsindropdown.xml.config, etc
    I am sorry to ask, but where do I find this Display Format XML Package

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's at the parent product level in Product Manager - same page you set the product name on.