Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product & Category Matches when Searching for products

vandadm is offline Junior Member

Default Product & Category Matches when Searching for products

Hello all!

I'm having some issues when attempting to help my friend with his ASPDNSF powered site.

I'm trying to filter the matches that show up when someone searches for a product name. What I'd like to see is just the Category Matches when someone uses the search feature.

As it is, some product names have just Product Matches, but most have both Product & Category matches. The issue is that sometimes the Product Matches are so long that it is confusing to the user.

Thanks so much!

vandadm

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to remove from your description, but modifying the displayed results on the search page would take modifying the page.search.xml.config file in the {root}/XmlPackages folder.

vandadm is offline Junior Member

Scott,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to be more descriptive.

When a user searches of for a product on the website, usually the results show both Category Matches and Product Matches. Unfortunately, the Product Matches results can be very long, while the Category Matches results are much more straight forward, and easy to follow.

I'd like to be able to set up the search function so that only the Category Matches are displayed when someone searches for a product.

Thanks again for the assistance.

vandadm

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Set appconfig: Search_ShowProductsInResults to false, the description of that appconfig is incorrect so just ignore it. Will update that in our scripts later on the next maintenance release.