Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can topics be included in search results?

bluebolt is offline Junior Member

Default Can topics be included in search results?

It does not appear that the search function will include topics in search results. For instance, if a user searches for "returns" the topic which is titled "Returns" is not displayed for the user.

Is there any administrative configuration that can be tweaked to allow for topic searching?

If there is no admin configuration that allows this, do you have any advice for how to implement such a feature in a way that doesn't compromise search performance?

thx,
    Jason

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We don't search topics by default, even with the advanced search. Doing that would take some modifications. I would take a look at the default search logic (search.aspx(.cs), page.search.xml.config, and the aspdnsf_GetProducts sproc) and copy that to add the new functionality. It would probably be easiest to add second sproc specifically for topics (you could even add an option to the search page to include it or not). The performance hit shouldn't be too bad.

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

Pm me an email address bluebolt and I'll send you the code we recently implemented to do this.
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

ChuteDr is offline Junior Member

Default Search Topic Content

Quote Originally Posted by mgibbs View Post
    Pm me an email address bluebolt and I'll send you the code we recently implemented to do this.

Hi Mike!

I'm looking for a way to include topics in the admin search funciton. Will your code mod do give us that?
    Jim Buchanan
    The Chute Doctor
    chutedr.com
    8.0.1.2 User

Alkaline is offline Senior Member

Yes this can be done wihtout modifying the source code, you'll need to change the stored procedure to retrieve results form the topic table. A simple join should do the trick.
    Simrun AspDotNetStoreFront Development
    Preferred AspDotnetStorefront Development Partner
    ahsan[@]simrun[.]com
    remove the "[]" for email

Have a Nice Day

omairkha is offline Member

Hi,

I need to include topics in the search also. Would appreciate if you could share the code.

Thanks