Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display Distributors in Menu

dplsr is offline Member

Default Display Distributors in Menu

I need to use Distributors as Categories. Is it posible show Distributors on the Menu?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You can modify the XmlPackages/page.menu.xml.config (ML9) or skins/skin_#/menuData.xml (ML7 & ML8) file.

Find the categories line and change '!menu.Categories!' to '!menu.Distributors!' and type="category" to type="distributor".

dplsr is offline Member

Thank You!

dplsr is offline Member

That did not do anything. Here is a sample of what I did.
    <SiteMap>
    <item Text="(!menu.Home!)" NavigateUrl="default.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.Categories!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.Distributors!)" Type="distributor" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.Sections!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.Manufacturers!)" NavigateUrl="manufacturers.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.CustomerService!)" NavigateUrl="t-service.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook">

You don't need the type in the ML8 version, just make the line look like the others but for distributor instead.

dplsr is offline Member

Ok I have <item Text="(!menu.Distributors!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />

but it still does not show up on the menu.

dplsr is offline Member

Woops! I reset the Cache. Got it now thanks!

dplsr is offline Member

Is there a way to limit the drop-down to root categories only and still have the Subcategories show up on the category page?

dplsr is offline Member

Ho would I add urls to this please. I think that is the best fix.

<SiteMap>
    <item Text="(!menu.Home!)" NavigateUrl="default.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.Manufacturers!)" NavigateUrl="manufacturers.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.Categories!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.Sections!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.Distributors!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    <item Text="(!menu.CustomerService!)" NavigateUrl="t-service.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook">
    <item Text="(!menu.YourAccount!)" NavigateUrl="account.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.OrderHistory!)" NavigateUrl="account.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.FAQs!)" NavigateUrl="t-faq.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.PolicyReturns!)" NavigateUrl="t-returns.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.Shipping!)" NavigateUrl="t-shipping.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.Contact!)" NavigateUrl="t-contact.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.PolicyPrivacy!)" NavigateUrl="t-privacy.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    <item Text="(!menu.PolicySecurity!)" NavigateUrl="t-security.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>
    </item>
    </SiteMap>

Get rid of this:

Code:
    <item Text="(!menu.Distributors!)" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    And replace it with something like:

Code:
    <item Text="Whatever Label You Want" LookId="TopItemLook" />
    Then under that node, add lines like this (similar to the nodes under the customer service menu option):

Code:
    <item Text="Distributorname1" NavigateUrl="linkyhere.aspx" LookId="DefaultItemLook"/>

dplsr is offline Member

Thanks again Scott! This will do the job for sure!

dplsr is offline Member

I finally got aroubd to tying this.
    <item Text="Families & Categories" LookId="TopItemLook"/>
    <item Text="Kichler Families" NavigateUrl="c-464-kichler-families.aspx" LookId="TopItemLook" />

I get error:
    An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 6, position 32.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 6, position 32.

Source Error:

Line 121: String MenuConfigFileString = CommonLogic.ReadFile(CommonLogic.SafeMapPath("skin s/skin_" + Page.SkinID.ToString() + "/" + MN), false);
    Line 122:
    Line 123: doc.LoadXml(MenuConfigFileString);
    Line 124:
    Line 125: HierarchicalTableMgr tblMgr;