Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Problem testing both paypal types

dplsr is offline Member

Default Problem testing both paypal types

2 Questions here. I am trying to test the standard paypal. I have my sandbox credentials in appconfig. I tested the sandbox on another site (not using ASPDNT)it works great there. I am getting this error on the paypal sandbox site

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem.

Is this a problem with the customer email or my business email?

AND......... I have been unable to use paypal expres at all. Do I have to have PayPal Website Payments Pro (enables PayPal Express Checkout also) US Only CHECKED? iF YES how do I use AUTHORIZE.ET

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's the problem from your end. What's the value of appconfig: PayPal.BusinessID?

dplsr is offline Member

Yes, I missed that somehow, thanks!. But....... It looked like it was going to work but when paypal returned to the site I get: "Your account has been locked by the administrator"

How do I fix this?

dplsr is offline Member

I Made a new sandbox customer and regular paypay is working except when it returns to the site It says "Invalid Customer ID or Invalid Order Number", but...the order gas been placed.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That can happen if something goes wrong with the order notification from PayPal. The best way around that is to set up IPN. Customers will be directed back to your store still, but the order notification is handled different to minimize duplicates and failed notifications.

Note that PayPal's own docs state that IPN is not 100% reliable. If you're going to use PayPal standard, make sure you're keeping an eye on the PayPal account as well as the storefront orders.

dplsr is offline Member

Thanks! I have gone back to Paypal express. I think the pronlem I have been having was with the sandbox. I put in my live credntial swithed the site to live and it works great now.