Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: V9 using Skins other than #1

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Default V9 using Skins other than #1

In the New Structure of Skins Manaul for Version 9: Using a new skin section:

"In the web.config file, change the page styleSheetTheme attribute to the theme you created:
    <pages validateRequest="true" StyleSheetTheme="Skin_1">

change _1 to _X

problem is in my virgin download of the V9 software in the web.config file this doesn't exist as shown in the manual, all there is <pages validateRequest="true>. They show about line 172 in web config, I find the line, it isn't there, when I add the code as shown in the manual I get an error about not understanding the name "StyleSheetTheme"

What's wrong?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

What document are you looking at? That line isn't needed anymore, and all the references I can find to it in old docs have been removed in the current ones.

All you need to do to change the default skin is change the DefaultSkinID AppConfig.

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Page 5 of the AspDotNetStoreFront Skin Converstion Guide.pdf
    Downloaded fom the manuals support website last night.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Just add the StyleSheetTheme attribute there.

Code:
    <pages validateRequest="true">
    Change to
    Code:
    <pages validateRequest="true" StyleSheetTheme="Skin_1">

mohanrh is offline Member

Default Themes

Is it possible to change stylesheets based on templates? We have hometemplate.master for homepage and template.master for other pages. We also want to use separate stylesheets for these two templates. Is there a way to achieve this?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Mohan