Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Max File Size in Document Manager

netprocity is offline Member

Default Max File Size in Document Manager

Hello,

In V9 when you are in document manager and trying to upload a file or image it reads "Max file size allowed 200.00 Kb". I need to change this to a larger size. How do I do this? I searched here in the forums but couldn't find the answer. Can't find any appconfigs using "max, or file size, etc"

Thanks
    James

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If you need to override the default max file sizes, you'll have to open the file that the RAD editor is being used on (for example topic.aspx, entityEditProducts.aspx, etc) and find this line:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">
    ....and add the desired 'MaxUploadFileSize' attribute(s). There are 3 - DocumentManager-MaxUploadFileSize, MediaManager-MaxUploadFileSize, and ImageManager-MaxUploadFileSize:

Code:
    <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" DocumentManager-MaxUploadFileSize="512000" MediaManager-MaxUploadFileSize="512000" ImageManager-MaxUploadFileSize="512000" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">

Default File Sizes

Hi,

I have looked in those files which I find in the /Admin folder but there is no such line for the radeditor file size.

Only reference in those files to radeditor looks like:
    <telerik:radeditor id="radSummary"

and a few other similar references with telerik.

Sorry, if I am misunderstanding what you are saying. Where do I find the files you are talking about?

This is v9

Thanks for your help.
    James

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The size attributes aren't in there by default, that's the point - you have to add them. :-)

Search for this line (the one you referenced was for the summary, you want description):

<tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription">
    ...and add those filesize attributes.

Default File Size

Yes, thank you. I thought I searched for that bug obviously not as I did just find it. Worked perfectly, thank you for your help!

James

doru is offline Senior Member

Hi,

I am using ML 9.0.1.3 but I did not find this line <tcontrol:RadEditor runat="server" RadControlsDir="rad" id="radDescription"> in entityEditProducts.aspx file. I found this line
    <telerik:radeditor id="radDescription" runat="server" editable="true">

I changed this line to
    <telerik:radeditor id="radDescription" runat="server" editable="true" DocumentManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000" MediaManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000" ImageManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000">

but it doesn't work. I tested using a file of 2.26MB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Doru

kdatasystems is offline Junior Member

Question Bump

Is it possible that there is a global configuration setting for this?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

In EntityEditProduct.aspx, there are two sections of telerik:radeditor there: (1) telerik:radeditor id="radSummary" (2) <telerik:radeditor id="radDescription", to make sure add the "MaxUploadFileSize" attribute on both.

By default, the maximum size of a file to be uploaded to the server using ASP.NET is around 4MB even if you have set MaxUploadFileSize > 4MB, due to security restrictions of the ASP.NET Framework. To set a larger size limit, you should make some changes in either the web.config or machine.config file:

i.e.
    Code:
    <httpRuntime executionTimeout="90" maxRequestLength="4096" useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="false" minFreeThreads="8" minLocalRequestFreeThreads="4" appRequestQueueLimit="100"
    />

kblake@mainstreet is offline Junior Member

so if i added the MaxUploadFileSize I would edit both lines like so:

<telerik:radeditor id="radDescription" runat="server" editable="true" DocumentManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000" MediaManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000" ImageManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000">
    <telerik:radeditor id="radSummary" runat="server" editable="true" DocumentManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000" MediaManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000" ImageManager-MaxUploadFileSize="51200000">