Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: sessions of cookies

mimpoz is offline Member

Default sessions of cookies

I know this question may sound silly, but I'd like to know if ASPDNSF uses sessions or cookies.
    I have a client that called to say that his customer added things to the cart and then was having trouble checking out. He offered to log in with her credentials and 'continue the order'. When he did that, her cart emptied out and her order disappeared.

My question is: Did the cart empty when he took over? Is there any way to find this 'incomplete' order in the admin area (like other shopping carts do)?

I just want to know how to advise them on future orders.

Thanks so much

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The software stores the records of the customers into the DB right after adding every item to the cart with his/her item associate with it. In the case that you described, if someone tries to login on his/her behalf to check what's going on and, in that instant the contents in the cart got emptied. It might be that the appconfig: ClearOldCartOnSignin is set to true. Other than that, there is no obvious reasons I could think of.