Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: sales dates?

Rabel is offline Member

Default sales dates?

Is it possible to set a sales date, like you can set the start date and stop date to display the product. I appreciate the help.
    Thanks,
    Randy

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

We recently implemented this feature by using ExtensionData fields on the ProductVariant table.

Our client would set specific variants to go on sale, then in the ExtensionData2 field set a Startdate and EndDate which the XMLPackages would read on the front end for displaying the "promotion".

This logic isn't built into shopping cart as far as restricting purchasing of a sale item outside of the dates, but it does help in controlling what the site displays on certain pages/sections (especially the home page).
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

Rabel is offline Member

thanks bertulli, that is a good idea. So the client would have to insert the parameters when they enter a sale price, how did you make it so that it doesn't charge the sale price though. I think I could set it to decide what to display on to the user, but I think that if they added it to the cart it would show up as the sale price whether or not it was between the sale parameters.
    I really appreciate the help.