Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: WSI Query Scope

sduffy77 is offline Senior Member

Default WSI Query Scope

Ok I'm not sure if this is possible in WSI at the moment but is it possible to have the results from one query used in a Product Update?

for example:
    <AspDotNetStorefrontImport Verbose="false">
    <Query Name="call1" RowName="call1">
    <SQL>
    [dbo].[usp_ProductIDVarientIDLookupBySku] 'TJGCAPPOLODEF'
    </SQL>
    </Query>
    <Query Name="call2" RowName="call2">
    <SQL>
    [dbo].[usp_ProductIDVarientIDLookupBySku] 'TJGCAPPOLODEF'
    </SQL>
    </Query>

<Product Action="Update" ID="call1.ProductID">
    <Variants>
    <Variant Action="Update" ID="call1.VariantID">
    <Inventory>100</Inventory>
    </Variant>
    </Variants>
    </Product>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

usp_ProductIDVarientIDLookupBySku returns ProductID and VariantID when you pass in the full SKU

Or is there a better way to do this functionality?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Rob is offline Senior Member

You can do this yes. but you have to use either a stored proc SQL (which you can call from WSI) or an XmlPackage which does it (which you can also call from WSI). You can't do it directly in WSI, but through a proc or XmlPackage helper. I'd do this one in a proc myself, sounds straightforward.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront View Post
    You can do this yes. but you have to use either a stored proc SQL (which you can call from WSI) or an XmlPackage which does it (which you can also call from WSI). You can't do it directly in WSI, but through a proc or XmlPackage helper. I'd do this one in a proc myself, sounds straightforward.
    Ok, I guess my question was, how is it referenced after the query in the xml

for example : call1.ProductID where call1 is the first query name and ProductID is a result field from that query.