Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Logic that generates the XML in the notification.adminneworder.xml.config package

DENT is offline Member

Default Logic that generates the XML in the notification.adminneworder.xml.config package

Hi,

How can I re-create the XML that this xml package produces (notification.adminneworder.xml.config) ?

Is that code exposed?

version 8 w/o source.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

What exactly are you wanting to 're-create'? You can modify the XML package without source code, but if you're wanting to change the XSLT methods that it uses - that would require source.

DENT is offline Member

I want to create another webpage, that will output the XML that the xml package generates (given the order# as a querystring parameter)

Possible?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

See the receipt.aspx/cs page, it looks like you're trying to achieve the same page. Should be a good starting point. Just mimic it and modify depending on the layout you want to achieve. That page uses the Notification.receipt.xml.config XMLPackage by default.

DENT is offline Member

Ok looks like I can call RunXmlPackage and call the "dumporder' package to get the xml correct?

DENT is offline Member

Would it be possible to call the DumpOrder xml package instead of the notification.adminneworder.xml.config?

i.e. when a new order comes in, send an email to the store employees (whichever email address is currently being used to send when the notification.adminneworder.xml.config is fired) and send them the xml package dumpOrder?

Can I do this? if yes, how?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

DumpOrder is a different kind of XML package used for WSI, that's not going to work well for an email.

What exactly are you trying to do here? If you're just wanting to get more information about the order than the standard notification, it doesn't take all this work. Change the XmlPackage.NewOrderAdminNotification AppConfig to notification.receipt.xml.config and the full receipt will be sent instead of the little admin notice.

DENT is offline Member

The client wants the XML dump of the order in the email, nothing else. (in the neworderadmin email).

So they can cut and paste it or something similiar.

And the XML should show up as XML, not in a HTML email where the xml nodes are not visible.