Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How often should the application re-start.

cc9537 is offline Member

Default How often should the application re-start.

I have 9.0.1.2 finally running pretty good...

In the system log, I see Application Started numerous times per day? Sometimes several (re)starts within 1 minute. I wonder if this is as it should be? The first page load after a (re)start takes a good 5-10 seconds to load, and this is why I want it to restart as few times as possible?

What causes a re-start? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Always here to help,

Clint.
    NationwideTool.com
    210 651 1551

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The application will restart if it's forced to manually (iisreset, touch the web.config, etc), the application pool resets (generally happens if you exceed the memory restrictions of your host), or if the site has sat idle for a while and someone accesses it. .NET applications 'shut down' after an idle period and have to start back up the first time they're accessed after that idle. A lot of people put 'keep-alives' on their site to hit them periodically and keep the site from shutting down. Your host should be able to help with that.

brianperry is offline Member

Default same issue only longer

10 seconds would be great we sometimes see a minute or more, we have a dedicated server, how do you do keep alives?

brianperry is offline Member

Default would this work

i found this on a forum

Timeout="Infinite"

would that work, it says to put it in the web.config

where would we put that?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Though the <ProcessModel> element (in which the timeout="Infinite" attribute is under) is not explicitly configured in the {root}/web.config file. However, it is already the default configuration that is returned by the application, so I guess you don't have to declare that any more there.

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Nice tip here, thanks!
    Version: ML 8.0.1.2 and No Source Code.

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Also the Server Intellect virtual dedi is working very well for us the the support is superb!
    Version: ML 8.0.1.2 and No Source Code.