Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: anyone else have issues w/ appliedi.net lately?

StorageSolutions is offline Member

Default anyone else have issues w/ appliedi.net lately?

Over the last couple of weeks our website has been down many times due to appliedi.net "NOC issues" and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Last week all of Applied's servers were down for over an hour and today it's happened again!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Appliedi, I have been a happy customer of theirs for over 3 years and we host 5 websites w/ them. Just starting to think it's time to look elsewhere.
    -David
    ML 8.0.1.2

kdalal is offline Member

We do have issue today.

jesscoburn is offline Junior Member

Hi Guys,

I'm Jess Coburn, CEO of Applied Innovations and I wanted to reply personally to this thread. Unfortunately the past couple weeks we've had an intermittent problem that was traced back to a router on one of our bandwidth providers (AT&T) network.

Today the issue was complicated even further as it caused one of our own routers to misbehave in what we believe to be a very unique sequence of events that is being attributed to a software bug in the router. If it were one or the other it could have been identified and fixed quite quickly (and initially was) but the cascading effect caused it to become much more difficult to troubleshoot, identify and ultimately resolve.

The outages affected one of our datacenters in Miami and a fair number of customers experienced timeouts and latency as a result. Although we were never 'down' the sites were unresponsive and as good as down.

We successfully identified the issues and mitigated them earlier today and have already started work with our hardware vendors and carriers to implement new hardware and procedures to keep this from happening again. In the next day or two we'll be announcing a maintenence window to address these issues permanently from happening again.

Myself and my team do of course realize any downtime results in lost work and business for our clients and firmly stand behind our service with a 100% uptime gaurantee backed by our SLA and would encourage any customers that experienced an issue to please submit a request for SLA credits.

In regards to the question 'is it time to start looking for a new hoster?' I can firmly say "Absolutely not". I think our performance during the past few years demonstrates that and I think the speed at which issues are typically resolved (in fact most customer issues are resolved in the first phone call in under 5 minutes and typically experience zero hold time) speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, equipment does fail from time to time and require replacement or upgrades and that's already being addressed but again few hosts back their service and network with a 100% SLA and we do.

I'm sorry for the long post and I hope if anyone has any further concerns or questions they feel free to reach out to me personally.

Best Regards,
    Jess