Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Account & Contact Info

chris-user is offline Member

Talking Account & Contact Info

We have an aspdnsf version 8.0.1.2 site up and running for a couple of weeks...have a question regarding the "I am over 13 years old:" checkbox in the account creation area...why is this needed? Do we have to have it or can we hide it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Whether or not you need that varies by industry, what you sell, your local rules, etc. The vast majority of sites do, but check with your legal folks to be sure.

If you find that you don't need that option turned on, you can disable it with the RequireOver13Checked AppConfig.

chris-user is offline Member

I'm in the appconfig for Requiredover13 and it isn't apparent how to disable it...am I missing something? There is an "SA" value...do I uncheck that?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Change the 'Value' field - true/false