Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Where is the catagories.aspx page modified

bgme111 is offline Junior Member

Red face Where is the catagories.aspx page modified

I cant find anywhere in the admin section of our site how to modify the text on the categories.aspx page. the only thing i can do is go to categories and if I a at the root level change the display order.

If you go to our site www.badgerbalm.com then click badger products it will take you to http://www.badgerbalm.com/categories.aspx page. most everthing else in the site we can modify through the admin section.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh we are currently on ver 7 something - updating to 9 soon -

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's a custom page, there is no 'categories.aspx' page out of the box. You could just download the file through FTP and open it up in Visual Studio or some other editor, but depending on how it was written and how familiar you are with that kind of work, you may have to talk to the developer that created that page for you to find out how to edit it.

bgme111 is offline Junior Member

Default Where is that file located

Hello,

Thanks for the info, do you know where that page is located in the site folders. I just want to modfiy the text that is describing our products. I would like to download and view but I will be getting a developer to change some stuff around.

I would just like to be more familar with the site.

Thanks!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

The showcategory.aspx file is in the root folder where you have the software installed.

Keep in mind that you don't change product descriptions there. Product descriptions are changed in the admin site, through Product Manager.