Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Fixed shipping rate to Canada

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Default Fixed shipping rate to Canada

We want to have a fixed rate to Canada for ground shippments and rates for air that are different than US rates.

How can we setup the system to have a flat rate for Canada of say $30 ground?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

What shipping calculation method are you using? If it's realtime rates, that's going to take some customization (you can't mix realtime and fixed rates). If you're using any of the fixed rate calculations, just go to Shipping->Shipping Methods and create a method called 'Canada Ground' (or whatever you want to call it) and use the 'Set Allowed States' and 'Set Allowed Countries' buttons to restrict that method to Canada only. You can then go to Shipping->Shipping Rates Table and set the $30 price.

Kirk48906 is offline Member

Okay, that was easy, but I have one question.

Currently I have setup the "any order over $x.xx" amount is free freight. I don't want that to apply to those orders to Canada. Will it make those orders over $100 (the amount I have set for the free freight flag) free freight too?

If so, how to stop that?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If you've got a free shipping threshold set up, that applies to all shipping methods. It would take a little customization to exclude specific shipping method IDs from that. It wouldn't be that hard, but it would require source code.