Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Code help using a card Reader with ASP.NET Storefront

bbensten is offline Junior Member

Default Code help using a card Reader with ASP.NET Storefront

I am currently working on a project that requires a kiosk version of the site. The site needs to have the ability to use a card reader so when you swipe the card, the info from the card is pulled into the fields for checkout. Doe anybody have a solution for this?

Thanks so much

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Putting card reader capabilities in the software directly would take a lot of work. It'd probably be simpler to integrate with existing card reader/point of sale software. There are a few 3rd-party POS integrations that have already been done by some of our DevNet partners that you might want to check out. Those are listed at http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/t...egrations.aspx

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

If you haven't found a solution for your project yet, feel free to contact me. My website is in my signature. I do POS and inventory systems and can do custom programming.
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website

bbensten is offline Junior Member

still interested. Can you contact me please? bbensten@cortexcreative.com

JoelWZ is offline Junior Member

Is there any update on this issue. I have a similar need and wonder the best solution for a kiosk/card reader.